- Find a comfortable position and allow your body to relax.
- Become aware of where you feel tension accumulated from the day’s activities.
- As you inhale let a color come to mind.
- Paint any areas of tension with that glorious bright color.
- Take your time.
- Inhale the color, allow it to wash over your body and then exhale the tension.
- As you exhale image the dark and cloudy “gunk” from the day releasing.
- To balance the internal organ of the body you can use the associated color of each system and breathe that color right into the organ.
Lungs and large intestine –> white (upper chest)
Kidneys and bladder –> blue/black (low back area)
Liver and gallbladder –> green (right side of abdomen)
Heart and small intestine –> red (center of chest)
Stomach and spleen –> yellow (left side of abdomen)
- Each time, breathe in the color and imagine painting the corresponding area of your body.
- With each exhale, fully relax and allow the tension of the day melt away. You can imagine your exhale as heavy with dark and cloudy color.
- This is a great meditation as part of a nighttime routine, and has also been shown to be helpful if you wake in the middle of the night to facilitate a return to restful sleep.
- This exercise is designed to calm and settle the mind.